This recipe is incredibly easy to make and takes about 35 minutes from start to finish. It's hearty, yet not too spicy, and perfect for a cold winter day. For a healthier dish I used ground turkey rather than beef. Aaron and I prefer thicker chili so I reduced the amount of water to 1 cup.
Pressure Cooker Chili
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup water
2. Add onions, green peppers and jalapeno pepper to the cooker and cook on medium for about 8 minutes. Add garlic and stir.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Stir well and lock the lid. On high heat bring cooker up to pressure, then immediately reduce heat to maintain pressure. Cook for 8 minutes.
4. Remove cooker from heat and let pressure reduce naturally, about 10 minutes. Enjoy!