May 18, 2012

Pocket Silhouettes Thank You

     Hello!  Today's card was inspired by a card that's been sitting in my "Favorites" folder over at SCS for years. Seriously, years (here).  The little nudge I needed to actually make this card came from my Stampin' Up! upline and the monthly card challenges we host on Stampin' Connection (a website only available to SU demos, just one of the perks of working for SU!).
     Our challenge this month was a thank you card with embossing and at least one embellishment.  Immediately this card came to mind.  I changed the colors to reflect my current favorite (Calypso Coral) and chose a different sentiment.
     In case you're wondering, the embossed part of my card is the stripes!  I used Natasha's Gingham Background technique over at her blog Diary of Two Crafty Girls (here).

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Calypso Coral, Early Espresso
Paper: Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Very Vanilla
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot, Stripes textured embossing folder, modern label punch, pearls, grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment