Christina does have a recipe for a marmalade dipping sauce but we prefer to use BBQ sauce or local honey.
Baked Coconut Chicken Fingers
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp water
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 3/4 inch strips
3. In a skillet, combine the breadcrumbs, coconut and oil. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Transfer to a wide, shallow dish and set aside to cool.
4. In a second shallow dish, combine flour, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
5. In third shallow dish, whisk together egg whites, water, Dijon mustard until the egg whites are broken up and the mixture is foamy.
6. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, shaking to remove excess, then dip in the egg whites coating both sides completely. Finally, place in the toasted breadcrumb/coconut mixture, turning to coat both sides. Transfer to the wire rack and repeat with remaining chicken.
7. Spray the chicken lightly with cooking spray then bake for 10-12 minutes, or until gold brown. Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice and enjoy!