August 9, 2011

Joanna's Fabulous Fajita Pizza

    
     My husband will tell you that I'm becoming quite the little chef and here's my latest creation for Recipe Tuesday- Fabulous Fajita Pizza.  I love pizza and I love Mexican food and I thought why not combine the two?!  The recipe is super simple and super quick if you use refrigerated pizza crust and a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. If you're more into the veggie pizza you could omit the chicken and go for a meatless version.

Fajita Pizza
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 medium onion
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 large rotisserie chicken, meat removed from the bone
2-3 tsp taco or fajita seasoning
1/4 cup taco sauce or salsa (we prefer sauce)
2 cups Mexican blend cheese
2 tbsp cilantro
1 pkg refrigerated pizza crust
Sour cream, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425.  Cut peppers and onions into thin strips and saute in olive oil.
2. Meanwhile, unroll pizza crust and pre-cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add taco/fajita seasoning mix, garlic, taco sauce and chicken to veggies; cook 2-3 minutes.
4. Arrange chicken mixture evenly over the pizza crust; sprinkle with cheese
5. Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown.  Remove pizza from oven, sprinkle with cilantro and let cool 10 minutes.  Cut into slices and serve with sour cream, if desired.

So does my little creation taste good?  I'll let the pictures answer that question!




            Before...                                              after...


No comments:

Post a Comment