June 7, 2011

Over the River and Thru the Woods

     Hello!  On Saturday I ran in the Concord-Merrimack SPCA "Over the River and Thru the Woods Run for the Animals 5K".  All proceeds from this race benefit the Concord SPCA and homeless animals.  If you follow my blog you may remember that I ran this last fall and placed 3rd in my age category.  I wasn't as lucky this year since there were 250 more participants than last year and my IT band (outside knee) has been giving me some trouble since April. 
     My amazing husband (who is recovering from shoulder surgery due to a work related incident) was excited to join me and served as my photographer.
     The race is a road/cross country race and can be a bit challenging at times.  When crossing the river and running on the wooded path runners are forced to run single file due to the narrow walkway.  In some spots you're only as fast as the slowest runner ahead of you. :(
 
      In the end I was VERY happy with my time: 26:40!!  I placed 10th in my age group (out of 50 runners in the group) and 115 over all (out of 323 runners/walkers).
     If you'd like to help a shelter in the NH area please click on this link (http://bit.ly/xCy7S) to cast your vote for an animal shelter make over.   It's FREE to cast your vote, takes just seconds and could help shelter receive a much needed makeover.


No comments:

Post a Comment