November 16, 2010

Inspired By a Thank You

Hello! Today's
project was inspired by a thank you card I recently received from a new member of our stamping group (thank you Helen!) and by Amy Celona's
Birthday Card Gift Holder.
     I began with a basic 5 1/2 x 4 1/4" card base and decorated the front with images from the Fall Whimsy set (I was so sad to see this set retire - I'm glad I hung on to it!).  It's hard to tell from the photos but the Old Olive card stock is popped up on dimensionals.
     I know it's hard to see from the photos but the inside of the card is a gift card holder.  To make this, I cut a piece of Very Vanilla to 10x4" and scored at 3, 5 and 7".  The strip was folded into a "W" and adhered to the top and bottom of the card.  DO NOT adhere the middle of the
"W" to itself, the gift card will not fit inside!  I used the Word Window punch to create an opening for the gift card.
Stamps: Fall Whimsy (retired)
Ink: Old Olive, More Mustard, Cajun Craze
Paper: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, More Mustard
Tools & Accessories: Buttons (shades have retired), hemp twine, dimensionals, word window punch

No comments:

Post a Comment