November 19, 2010

A New Use for the Ornament Punch

     Hello!  I actually made this card quite a while ago but figured I'd post it on my blog in case you were wondering what to do with your ornament punch after the holiday season.  I can't take credit for the idea of this card but I also can't remember where I first saw it (I know it was on SCS, but where?!).
     To make the card I sponged the More Mustard card base with More Mustard classic ink.  I punched out two ornaments in Old Olive and vellum and then trimmed the top off each ornament (turning it into the leaf shape).  I then used a bone folder to draw the veins in the vellum leaves and sponged each leaf with a bit of More Mustard and Old Olive ink.  The Old Olive and vellum were layered, linen thread attached to each at the top and then the leaves were attached to the card.

Ink: More Mustard, Old Olive
Paper: More Mustard, Close to Cocoa (retired), Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Vellum
Tools & Accessories: Ornament punch, bone folder, linen thread, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge dauber

No comments:

Post a Comment