September 27, 2010

Two Tags Treat Box

     Many  moons ago I promised I'd show you another project using the Two Tags Bigz Die. (pg 206, $21.95).  After much procrastinating I finally found my way into my stamping studio and made these adorable little treat boxes!  I must give credit where credit is due: I did not design these boxes.  I watched Dawn Olchefske's video tutorial and used that as my starting point. 
     For those of you who have difficulty viewing videos online or just don't want to watch Dawn make a box, I'll give you a brief outline:

1. Using the Big Shot and Two Tags die, cut out 2 tags
2.  Fold on score line and adhere together with sticky strip so they form a U
3. Cut a 2 3/4" x 6 3/4" piece of coordinating card stock and score at 2" (short side) and 1/2" (long side)
4. Using scissors, cut up to the 1/2" score line and fold on all score lines (it should fold up into an odd shaped box)
5. Adhere to tags and embellish.  My handle is 1/2" wide and attached to the box with brads.

     I have a ton of retired DSP and I thought this would be the perfect project to try to use up some of it.  The first box uses Sage Shadow (retired...what a bummer, I loved that color!) and Wintergreen DSP (you may be able to find some in the Clearance Rack over at StampinUp.com).  The Old Olive box uses the long since retired Ski Slope DSP. 
     The brads were "dyed" to match using craft ink and clear embossing powder.  I've found that when I emboss brads white it's best not to use white embossing powder.  For some reason, it's too thick and doesn't melt as easily as the clear powder.
     The Old Olive treat box will be filled with chocolates (what else?!) and a stamp and given to the hostess at my next workshop.  The Sage Shadow box will also be filled with chocolate but given away as a door prize at that same workshop.
     I've had several customers ask me where I purchased the cellophane bags I use for candy and card supplies at my workshops.  Why, Stampin' Up, of course!!  On page 170 you'll find 3 different sizes of bags.  I've found the small 3x5" bags are great for little chocolates and incentive stamps (like those in the photo) and the large 6x8" bags are perfect for holding card supplies for each project at a workshop. 

Paper: Sage Shadow (retired), Handsome Hunter (retired), Old Olive, Ski Slope & Wintergreen DSP (retired)
Ink: White & Always Artichoke craft ink
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot, Two Tags Bigz die, circle brads (retired), 5/8" grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome,..same theme with your blog.Perhaps I could write something about your box in my site.

    ReplyDelete