September 30, 2010

Frankie and His Mummy

     Get it?!  His mummy!  But seriously, aren't these just the cutest little things ever?!  Unfortunately, I can't take 100% creative credit for these little critters.  I was inspired by Angie's Easter Nugget & KitKat box video tutorial over at Chic' n Scratch (love her blog!!). 
     Angie used her own box but I chose to use the Matchbox Bigz XL die (pg 208, $42.95) that's been collecting dust in my stamping studio.  Not sure why I don't use these more often, they are so quick and easy to put together.  From start to finish, including cutting, I'd say that both boxes took me less than 20 minutes to make.  Now, if I liked all the kids (and their parents) in our condo complex I might consider making these as trick-or-treat favors for Halloween...  nah.  I'll make a bunch up for the teachers at my school instead.  Teachers love a little surprise in their mailbox every now and then!
     The mummy box was incredibly easy to put together.  I wrapped 3/8" twill tape around the Very Vanilla matchbox and secured it with sticky strip.  The eyes were made using the 1' and 3/4" circle punches.
     Frankie was also just as easy (although I did have a hard time drawing his mouth on exactly as I wanted it.... silly OCD).  Same size circle punches for the eyes and his hair was cut free hand with paper snips.
     I filled each box with 5 mini candy bars (were you expecting something other than chocolate from me?!).  Four Hershey nuggets would also fit nicely in the box. 

Paper: Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Crumb Cake
Ink: Black Stampin' Write marker
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot, Matchbox Bigz XL die, 3/4" & 1" circle punches, 3/8" twill tape

No comments:

Post a Comment