August 31, 2010

A 2 Minute Card and a 15 Minute Card

  Today's card was inspired by the Body & Spirit Day Spa.  Let me explain.  My husband is the sweetest guy I know and loves to give me gift certificates to Body & Spirit.  Cheryl gives fantastic pedicures and Leigh is by far the best massage therapist we know (we can't say enough about her!).  Because both ladies are so good at what they do I like to give them a gratuity at the end of the service and a little thank you note to go along with it.  I've found that 3x3 cards are the easiest to give and take only minutes to make.  This card took about two minutes to make.
    

     I also wanted to make a more detailed card for a co-worker who really helped me out this summer (thanks Kim!).  Because I'm giving her a gift along with the card I decided to revamp the card a bit and add a touch more detail. 




    For the second card I "dyed" the brads Night of Navy to match the cardstock and added Extra Thick Embossing Enamel to the sentiment (I know it's hard to tell from the photo).  If I were to make this card again I would run the Whisper White cardstock through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossig folder (pg 214, $7.95) for a textured background.  The second card took about 15 minutes to complete.

Stamps: Cute By the Inch (hostess)
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink: Night of Navy classic and craft
Tools & Accessories: brads, ETEE, square punches, 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment