June 29, 2010

Red, White and Blue


I absolutely love this card! I originally made this last June with my stamp club but while looking for a last minute thank you card I found it in a shoebox full of cards, card fronts and card-mistakes (you know, card-mistakes... the cards that looked good in your head until you tried to put it on paper and then it just didn't look right but you couldn't bring yourself to throw away all that perfectly good cardstock so you kept it thinking that you would someday use some part of it?). So I pulled it out, dusted it off and thought this is waaaay to cute to be sitting neglected in that old box. Wouldn't this make a great invitation to a 4th of July cookout? Or how about giving it as a thank you card to a veteran on Veteran's Day? Or better yet, I'll give it to my Dad who is a veteran and whose birthday just happens to be on July 5th!
The red cardstock was torn into 1/2" strips and adhered to the vanilla cardstock. Now that I think of it, this may be the first card I made without using a single stamp!


Paper: Very Vanilla, Real Red, Night of Navy

Accessories & Tools: Jumbo eyelet, Big Shot, Stars #2 die

No comments:

Post a Comment