Hello! Today's recipe comes from the March 2013 issue of Real Simple. I've made coconut macaroons before (here) but this has to be the easiest recipe for this delicious cookies that I've seen - it can be done in one bowl with 5 ingredients!
These little cookies are soft on the inside with the slightest crunch from the baked coconut. And did I mention they're gluten-free?! I had leftover chocolate from a batch of Grasshopper Mint Cookies that I had just made and couldn't resist dipping a few of the cookies in it. Oh. My. (and I thought they couldn't get any better!).
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 up white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 14oz package sweetened shredded coconut (about 5 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper
2. Whisk together egg whites, sugar, vanilla and salt in medium bowl until glossy and the sugar is almost dissolved. Fold in coconut, stirring until evenly combined.
3. Using a small ice cream school, drop batter in mounds 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Bake, rotating the sheets halfway through, until brown, 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely on wire racks.
4. If desired, drizzle or dip cooled macaroon in dark chocolate. Enjoy!