Aaron and I are HUGE fans of coconut so this recipe was a no-brainer. The center of the cookie is incredible soft, creamy and practically melts in your mouth, while the toasted coconut on the outside adds a little bit of crunch. There's a hint of almond and orange which makes this cookie so unique.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 40 Hershey Kisses
3. Preheat oven to 350. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in remaining 2 cups coconut. Place on un-greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press Hershey Kiss into center of each cookie OR (if drizzling chocolate on top) immediately press cookie flat with back of spatula*.
5. Cool 1 minute. Carefully remove to wire rack and cool completely.
* If drizzling chocolate on top, melt chips in microwave-safe bowl and then place mixture in zip-top bag with one corner snipped off. Use the bag to pipe chocolate on each cookie.