October 16, 2012

3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies

     O.M.G.   These cookies are incredible!  I found the original recipe on a delicious blog, Cookies and Cups (here) and thought I'd give it a try.  
     You might remember that last year at this time there was a canned pumpkin shortage due to summer droughts in the mid-west.  Not being able to make my famous pumpkin whoopie pies made for a very looooong fall and winter.  This year, however, our local grocery store is well stocked with Libby's Pureed Pumpkin and I was able to stock up this weekend.  The cashier did give me a funny look when I placed 10 cans at the register but you never know when there will be another pumpkin shortage (especially if this recipe catches on)! 
     There are literally three ingredients in this recipe.  I think it took me longer to get out and assemble the hand-mixer than it did to prepare the batter.  Shelly recommended topping the cookies with buttercream frosting.  She happened to have leftover homemade frosting in her fridge, I happen to be good friends with Betty Crocker and she let me use hers.  You can certainly leave them unfrosted but really, who would want to?!   

3-Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies

  • 1 box cake mix (I used yellow)
  • 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
  • 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice


1.  Preheat oven to 350.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

2.  Mix 3 ingredients in medium bowl until lump-free (I used a hand mixer but you can mix with a spoon).

3.  Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheets.  Bake for 15-17 minutes.

4.  Allow to cool completely on wire rack before frosting.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment