August 10, 2012

Watercolor Winter

     Hello!  Today's card was inspired by tessa's Elegant Christmas Card over at SCS (here).  This card has been sitting in my "favorites" folder at SCS for almost a year.  I loved everything about Tessa's card and the instant I saw Watercolor Winter stamp set in the Holiday mini I knew that would be the perfect set for this card!
     For a little drama I used the Big Shot and the Finial Press embossing folder for a layer behind the image.  Unfortunately, Finial Press is now retired but the Lacy Brocade folder on page 6 of the Holiday mini would be a beautiful replacement.  I should note that I turned the embossed card stock over so you see the debossed image.  I also added a little Crystal Effects to the leaves and berries to make them pop.


Stamps: Watercolor Winter
Ink: StazOn Black, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, First Edition DSP, Island Indigo
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot, Finial Press embossing folder (retired), seam binding ribbon, scallop edge border punch, Crystal Effects

No comments:

Post a Comment