April 13, 2012

Birthday Leaves

     Hello!  Today's card was inspired by Julie Gearinger's Manly Fall Birthday card over at SCS (here).  Her layout is great and I love the idea of incorporating leaves into the card, something I never do.
     I decided rather than stamp leaves I'd dig out and dust off my Leaves #2 die.  Before I cut out the leaves I ran the paper through my Big Shot with the Lattice embossing folder, just to give them a bit of texture.
     The background is one stamp so to give it the illusion of several pieces I used Stampin' Write markers to color directly on the stamp.

Stamps: Nature Silhouettes
Ink: Soft Suede, Old Olive
Paper: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard, Whisper White
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot, Leaves #2 die, Lattice embossing folder, button, hemp twine

No comments:

Post a Comment