Aaron was once again the chef and does have a few tips... He strongly recommends splurging for a small block of Parmesan cheese; the bagged cheese is no where near as good as freshly grated Parmesan and is well worth the extra 5 mintues of prep. A great addition to this dish? Fresh or frozen peas.
- 12 oz linguine
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 7 slices bacon cut in 1/4" pieces
2. Meanwhile, whisk together egg yolks, Parmesan cheese and 1/4 tsp salt & pepper. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup of the warm reserved cooking water.
3. Cook the bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 8-10 minutes. Add pasta to skillet and toss to coat.
4. Transfer pasta and bacon to the bowl with the egg mixture and toss until noodles are coated. If mixture seems dry, stir in additional reserved pasta water, 2 tbsp at a time. Serve immediately and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.