December 2, 2011

Faux Silk Lights

     Hello!  Today's card is another faux silk card - it's my new favorite technique.
     I know the photo isn't the best but under the main image I used the paper piercing tool and stamped the "Merry Christmas" sentiment from the Christmas Greetings stamp set in Cherry Cobbler.  When I demonstrated this card with the ladies from my stamping club they decided that stamping the sentiment in black StazOn ink looks much better - and I agree!
     If you're not familiar with the Faux Silk technique it couldn't be easier!  Check out Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek's photo tutorial on her blog here.  This technique gives your card such a unique look and feel; once you try it you'll be hooked!

Stamps:  Jolly Bingo Bits, Christmas Greetings
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
Tools & Accessories:  Paper piercing tool, Stampin' dimensionals 

No comments:

Post a Comment