November 24, 2011

Faux Silk Leaves

     Hello and happy Thanksgiving!  In addition to watching the parade and cooking (we're hosting dinner) I will be spending the day with my family and reflecting on all the wonderful things I have to be thankful for.
     I was inspired to try the Faux Silk technique after seeing Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek's photo tutorial (here) on her blog, Song of My Heart.  This technique is incredibly easy and will make any recipient ask "how did you do that?"
     Following Lyssa's tutorial, the leaves were stamped on a coffee filter and then adhered to white CS with SU Anywhere Glue Stick.
     Rather than trim the excess coffee filter I decided to adhere it to the back, ensuring that it would not peel off if I inadvertently missed any spots with the glue stick.
     And Lyssa's right: once you've made one card with this technique you'll be running back to your kitchen cabinet for more filters so you can make more cards! :)
    
Stamps: Falling Leaves, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede
Ink: Soft Suede, Pool Party, More Mustard
Tools & Accessories: Stampin' dimensionals

1 comment: