September 16, 2011

Using the Block in a Whole New Way

     Hello!  Today's card was inspired by Angie Juda's Flower Fest cards over at her blog Chic' n Scratch.  I am someone who must have things neat and organized and cringe when I get ink somewhere it shouldn't be - like the clear blocks!  So it took me a second or two to get used to the fact that I would need to ink up the entire clear block to make the background for this card (deep breath).
     If you've never seen this technique before it's very simple.  Instead of using a stamp to create the orange background I inked up a clear block and used that as a stamp instead.  I did press a little harder than I would have had there been a stamp on the block, just to make sure I got as much ink off the block as I could.  I love the speckled look the block gives you.  If you're more of a visual learner Angie does have a video tutorial available on her blog.  
     Once I got over the initial shock the rest of the card was incredibly easy to make.  The birds were stamped with black StazOn as was the sentiment. 

Stamps: Dark & Dreary, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, StazOn Black
Paper: First Edition DSP, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Tools & Accessories: Clear blocks (I used B), dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment