September 13, 2011

Perfect Peanut Noodles

     It's Recipe Tuesday and today's recipe is not for those who are "so-so" about peanuts or for those who are on a diet - there's a full cup of peanut butter in this dish.  I am a HUGE fan of anything related to peanuts: butter, cups, ice cream, PPJ's, crackers, pad thai... you name it - if it's got peanuts in it, I'll try it.  Definitely my weakness.  I wouldn't last a day on Survivor if they offered me a jar of peanut butter and a spoon.  Wait, who am I kidding, I wouldn't need a spoon...  Anyhoo, I only had to make this recipe once to know that this would be be new favorite dish  ;)
     The original Peanut Noodles recipe came from the Campbell's Soup website (here) but I changed it up a bit to make it more of my own.  The original recipe has the noodles served over coleslaw mix (ewww) and included red pepper flakes.  I'm not a fan of hot or spicy food so I chose to omit this last ingredient.  Because I omitted the coleslaw I figured I had to add some type of veggie to the dish so I added green pepper, onion and garlic... we add those to everything we make so why stop now ;)  As for the chicken, you can grill the breasts, cook them whole in a skillet or do what I do and cube the chicken before cooking.      
     This dish is best served warm (the peanut sauce is sooo thick and creamy) but does work for a cold pasta salad.

Peanut Noodles
2-3 chicken breasts
Green pepper
Onion
Garlic
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
Chopped peanuts (optional but recommended)
Cilantro

1. Cube chicken and saute in skillet until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.

2. Chop green pepper and onion and saute 5-10 minutes; add garlic

3. In small bowl, beat broth, soy sauce, olive oil with fork until smooth (this will take a few minutes). Set 1/3 cup of this mixture aside.

4. Add chicken to vegetables in skillet; chop peanuts and cilantro and add to skillet.

5. Add cooked pasta and peanut mixture to skillet and mix well.

6. Top each serving with drizzle of remaining peanut mixture.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a peanut fan too. Can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing : ) Linda in NH

    ReplyDelete