August 19, 2011

Giving Thanks

     Hello!  Today's card is my attempt to get Thanksgiving cards in the mail this year.  Last year I ended up going to the local Hallmark store and purchasing cards to send to family and friends (gasp!).  I thought if I start making them now, I should be able to get the dozen or so I need made by November 1st.  I hope.
   To create the non-embossed section on the Pumpkin Pie piece I used the Double Emboss technique.  To see a printable tutorial or watch a video tutorial by Beate click (here).  This technique embosses part of your card stock while leaving a section smooth to stamp on.

Stamps: Falling Leaves
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Whisper White
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment