July 29, 2011

Patriotic Birthday

     Hello!  While my husband believes I own every stamp set in the Idea Book & Catalog I did find one that I don't own - a current star stamp!  I wanted to make a patriotic birthday card and realized that the only star stamps I own are retired!  Don't tell Aaron but I guess that means that I'll have to place another Stampin' Up order soon! ;)
     This card was pretty simple to create and if it wasn't for the embossing I would consider it "quick and simple".  I embossed the star from Stars & Swirls set with white embossing powder, went over the embossed image with a cotton ball and ink (emboss resist technique) and then punched the image out with a square punch.  
Stamps: Stars & Swirls (retired), Short & Sweet
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Going Gray
Paper: Whisper White
Tools & Accessories: Heat tool, embossing powder, 1 3/4" square punch, dimensionals  


No comments:

Post a Comment