July 26, 2011
Homemade Blueberry Pie
2 rolls of pre-made pie crust
1/2 -3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp butter
2. Unroll bottom crust into pie pan and fill with berries. Cut butter into cubes and place around filling.
3. Top pie with crust and crimp or flute the edges. Cut a few steam vents and sprinkle lightly with sugar (note: raw sugar, the little brown packets you get at coffee shops, looks fabulous on top of the pie).
* To keep the crust from burning I always cover crust with foil before baking and remove the foil during the last 5 minutes of baking.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, then rotate pan and lower oven temp to 350. Bake for an additional 30-35 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
5. Cool for 3-4 hours. Enjoy!