July 15, 2011

Oh, Deer!

     Hello!  Nothing is more masculine than a deer!  Today's card was inspired by TrishG's card (here) over at SplitCoast and is the perfect card for quite a few men in my family.  I loved how Trish used color rather than just black ink when stamping the image.  Trish also used the "misting with markers" technique that I've never tried before but now that I've had the chance to experiment with it I love it! 
To learn how to mist with markers check out this video tutorial by Beate or view the printable tutorial here at SCS.  Of course, if you'd like me to personally teach you how to mist with markers you could always host a workshop. 
    Since the jumbo eyelets retired on July 1st (bummer, I loved those little guys!) I decided to skip the hardware and go for the hemp twine instead.  I also opted to stamp the image on Very Vanilla rather than vellum.

Stamps: Nature Silhouettes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi
Tools & Accessories: Hemp twine, spray bottle
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment