May 16, 2011

Guess What I Did?!

     I went to see 14 of the late Princess Diana's dresses!  The Flying Monkey Performance Center in Plymouth, NH was hosting Diana: The People's Princess Exhibition, the last exhibition of her dresses in the United States before they're all put up for auction again.  My mom and I decided to make a day of its last weekend and took a trip up north to check out the display.  Now I'm not a big royal family buff but let's face it - this is the only time in my life that I will be this close to royalty so why not take advantage of the opportunity.  And as my husband can attest, I am quite the fashonista!
    It goes without saying that the dresses were absolutely GORGEOUS and exquisitely made.  There were  blurbs about each gown so you got an idea of when she wore it and the work that went into the design.  I tried to get close-ups of the some of gowns but flash photography was not allowed so you'll have to excuse the quality of the photos.

The iconic blue velvet "Travolta Dress".  This is the one she was wearing at the White House when she danced with John Travolta. 
Red velvet gown worn to the London premire of the movie Steel Magnolias.  The white roses are made up completely of tiny white beads, all hand sewn.

The black dress was worn by Diana in a Vanity Fair spread and was the dress that inspired the owner to purchase the collection.

The one sleeve, navy blue dress second in on the right was my absolute favorite.  Gold cording lined the bottom of the sleeve and collar, giving it a nautical feel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment