May 20, 2011

Concord Crush Quilt

      Hello!  Today's card was inspired by the Quilted Card tutorial over at SplitCoastStampers.  I love Jenna's card but her layout was just a bit too complicated for my first attempt.  I heeded her advice and took a peek at the quilt designs at QuiltersCashe and decided to go with the Go Along #2 pattern.
    In her tutorial Jenna uses 3/4" squares of DSP and CS to complete her design; to keep things simple I decided to stick to the same measurement for my card.  I cut 9 squares of DSP and 4 squares of Concord Crush CS.  The Concord Crush pieces were cut in half and then layered on the DSP (making those squares thicker) to make the pennant shape.
     The squares were adhered to Pretty In Pink and then run through the Big Shot with the Lattice embossing folder.  The final quilt was adhered to Basic Gray, popped up with dimensionals and the adhered to Very Vanilla.

Paper: Concord Crush, Pretty In Pink, Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Lap of Luxury DSP
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot, Lattice embossing folder, ribbon 

1 comment: