Hello! Those who know me may find it hard to believe that I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal cookies. But since I'm such a wonderful, loving wife I decided to whip up a batch of my famous Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies for my husband, per his request. When I found the recipe last year I of course had to sample one (or two or three) just to make sure they were suitable for consumption. Hands down these are probably the best tasting oatmeal cookies I've ever had, even better than the Shaw's Supermarket oatmeal cookies (and those are pretty good). Sadly, I realized that "vanishing" is a bit misleading; I found that it refers to the amount of time they'll be left in the cookie jar, not your vanishing waistline! While I can't take credit for the recipe I will certainly pass it along!
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well
- Add oats and chocolate chips or raisins; mix well
- Drop by tablespoonful onto greased cookie sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes (I prefer 10) at 350, makes approx. 3 dozen