November 1, 2010

Faux Suede Flowers

     Hello!  Today's card is 100% CASE'd but I can't remember who the original artist is!  If this is your creation or it looks familiar to you please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due. 
     I used a technique called Faux Suede for the flowers.  It's very simple but gives your projects such a unique look.  For this card, I punched out two flowers in coordinating colors (Rose Red and Regal Rose).

  Next, I rubbed the entire flower between my fingers and a bone folder, exactly as you would if you were curling ribbon.  By doing this, you are breaking the fibers in the card stock.

     After a few moments you'll notice the paper start to split into two pieces.  Gently peel these pieces apart.

 If at any point it's difficult to peel, go back over that area with a bone folder.

When you're finished you'll have two flowers.  Repeat the process with the second color of card stock.



Stamps:  Vintage Labels (retired)
Ink: StazOn Black
Paper: Regal Rose, Rose Red (retired), Going Gray, Whisper White, Certainly Celery
Tools & Accessories: Bone folder, Fancy Flower & Two-Step Bird extra large punches, Scallop Edge Border punch, pearl accent

No comments:

Post a Comment