August 23, 2010

A Purple Card and Brads to Match!

Hello!  Today's card is inspired by Beth Ann Wilson's card.  While I absolutely love the colors she chose, I decided to tone it down a bit and went with Perfect Plum.  While Stampin' Up! does offer a wide variety of colored brads I currently do not have any in my collection.  Bummer.  But... the good news is you can "dye" brads to match any color cardstock and it's super easy!
     Simply cover the brad in your choice of craft ink (in my case I used Elegant Eggplant), coat with clear embossing powder and heat until melted (for small brads this is 8-10 seconds).  I've found that you may need to rough up the brad a bit with a sanding block if the ink isn't sticking too well.  Make sure you let the brad cool for at least a minute before you try to use it - it will be hot!   I'll be honest and say that once you've "dyed" your brad you shouldn't handle it too much - the color will eventually come off. 

Stamps: Great Friend
Paper: Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Ink: Elegant Eggplant (classic and craft), VersaMark
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, clear embossing powder, heat tool, dimesionals

No comments:

Post a Comment