August 6, 2010

Dinner Was So Good I Had To Take a Picture!

     Ever had one of those meals?  In my case, this is a very rare occurrence so I wanted to make sure it was captured on film.  According to my husband, this may be the best salsa I've ever made!  Considering this is only the fourth time I've made salsa I'm thinking that's pretty good!
     It all started with a recipe in the August issue of Family Circle featuring easy 20-minute summer dinners.  Aaron and I are big fans of chicken and salsa and since the recipe called for both I thought I'd give it a try.  The chicken was grilled on our Foreman Grill with just a little bit of McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning and a chicken bouillon cube was thrown into the brown rice while it was cooking to give it a bit more flavor.  The next time I make the salsa I will definitely add a can of black beans to add a bit more color and extra protein.  Here's the recipe for the salsa:

1 1/2 lbs ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh corn
1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
3/4 cups fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped (must be fresh!)
2 tablespoons EVOO
2 tablespoons lime juice (does not have to be fresh squeezed)
3/4 teaspoon salt

1. In large bowl, stir together tomatoes, corn, red pepper, cilantro, EVOO, lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.  Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. 

     How easy is that?!

    The recipe makes enough for four servings so we had left overs and ended up using the salsa as a side dish the next night.  It would also be really good on tacos or nachos or by itself with a bag of tortilla chips!

1 comment:

  1. I just had to come visit your blog. I just saw a pretty card on SCS and had to come see your blog. It is fairly new.Congrats are in order then. Mine is new also, but you seem to have mastered the Blogland pretty good. I will definetely try that recipe. Thanks for the tip and for the links Joanna. Kindly, Peggy

    ReplyDelete