Hello! Today's recipe for Milky Way Cookies comes from the blog I Heart Nap Time (here). These cookies are crazy good! A soft, chewy, chocolately, caramel-y cookie - yum! I knew the cookies were going to be amazing when I couldn't stop sampling the batter...
I had difficulty finding the mini Milky Ways that Jamielyn recommends and ended up using a bag of the "Fun Size". I wanted to keep the candy bar pieces bite size and keep the caramel from oozing out during the baking process so I cut each bar into 8 pieces. Worked like a charm!
A word of caution: make sure you have plenty of milk on hand when consuming.
Milky Way Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 35 mini Milky Ways, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper. In large bowl cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined
2. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients along with the chopped Milky Ways.
3. Drop dough by tablespoonful onto cookie sheet; bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before moving to wire rack. Enjoy!