Shut. The. Front. Door. Strawberry and chocolate in a cookie?! This incredibly delicious and super easy recipe comes from Sally's Baking Addiction (here). I'll admit that the only reason I wanted to try this recipe was because the cookies were pink. Yes, pink. I'm a girl, what can I say?
Besides being pink, the cookie is puffy, soft and has just the slightest hint of strawberry flavoring. The semi-sweet chocolate adds a nice touch... They practically melt in your mouth and I feel comfortable saying that there will be very few left overs, if any, when you serve them. Even the boys will want to eat the pink cookie!
Wouldn't these be perfect for Valentine's Day?!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box strawberry cake mix (like Duncan Hines)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In medium sized bowl combine the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl combine eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Slowly stir in cake mixture and blend until a thick dough forms. Add chocolate chips.
3. Drop dough by tablespoonful onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 3-5 minutes before moving to wire rack. Enjoy!