Chocolate Rasberry Crumb Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (I prefer mini chips)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13"x9" baking pan.
2. Beat butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. Press 1 3/4 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
4. Microwave 1 cup chocolate chips and condensed milk in medium bowl, uncovered for 1 minute. Stir. Chocolate chips may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-15 second intervals, stirring just until chips are melted. Spread over hot crust.
5. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over chocolate layer. Drop teaspoonfuls of raspberry jam over crumb mixture (I tend to use more than 1/2 cup, I love raspberry jam!). Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars and enjoy!