These are incredibly quick and easy to make and, according to Aaron, should be made at least once a week! The following recipe makes 4 turnovers, to make more simply double the blueberries and use the second puff pastry. In this recipe I used frozen blueberries but once they're in season fresh ones would be the better choice.
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp sugar, plus 1 tsp
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (1/2 of package), thawed
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 400. In bowl combine blueberries and 2 tbsp sugar; mix to coat berries. In separate bowl, whisk egg with 1 tsp water.
2. On piece of parchment paper cut puff pastry into 4 equal squares. Brush edges of pastry with egg wash.
3. Spoon 1/4 of blueberries onto center of pastry. Fold pastry diagnolly to form a triangle. Using a fork, press edges to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry.
4. Transfer turnovers to baking sheet. Brush with remaining egg wash; sprinkle with sugar. Cut small slit in top of each pie.
5. Bake until turnovers are golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Allow turnovers to cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes before serving (trust me on this). Enjoy!