I have to be honest and say that I just couldn't wait to take a bite of these bars or take a photo of them so they do look a little goopy. But after they've cooled just pop them in the fridge for an hour or so and they'll be easy to cut and take out of the pan.
The original recipe calls for 2 cups of chocolate chips but I find that a bit too much and cut back to 1 1/2 cups. As for the nuts, I use walnut but would love to try these with peanuts!
Caramel Oatmeal Chewies
- 1 3/4 cups quick oats
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13"x9" baking pan.
2. Combine oats, 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Stir in
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.. Mix caramel topping with remaining flour in small bowl; drizzle over nuts and chips. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
4. Bake fore 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack; refrigerate until firm and easy to cut. Enjoy!