May 4, 2012

Summer's On It's Way (I think)

     Hello!  Doesn't this card make you think of the 4th of July and a BBQ?  It was an interesting winter and spring here in New England and I don't know about you but I'm so ready for summer (how many days 'til summer vacation?).
     Today's card was inspired by summer and this wonderful new technique I found over at Diary of Two Crafty Girls (here). 
     Creating the stripes on my card was super easy!  Using a brayer, I inked up the stripes embossing folders with Cherry Cobbler ink (the side with the SU! logo) and ran it through the Big Shot.  How easy is that?!
     For a little sparkle I added Iridescent Ice embossing powder to the star. I think this would make a fabulous 4th of July BBQ invite... Mmm.... hamburgers and hotdogs on a grill, I can almost smell 'em!

Ink: Cherry Cobbler, VersaMark
Paper: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot, Stripes embossing folder, Stars #2 die, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, heat tool, seam binding ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment