May 29, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

     Hello!  Today's recipe is a request from a co-worker who had banana chocolate chip cookies once upon a time and was wondering if I could work my magic and come up with something similar. 
     Interesting.  I'd heard of banana bread and banana muffins but I'd never heard of banana cookies.  But, I'm always up for a challenge, especially when it comes to baking, so I told her I'd get right on it.  After a little research I found a recipe on LandoLakes.com that looked quick and easy so I decided to give it a try.
     The original recipe calls for 2 teaspoons of orange zest but due to Pam's citrus allergy I omitted the zest and added chocolate chips instead.  There's also a buttery frosting you can make to top the cookies but honestly I don't think they need it - they're perfect the way they are.  Incredibly light and airy with just a hint of banana flavor.  And since the recipe calls for real bananas there's no icky imitation banana flavor in the cookie (not a fan of that!).

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 cup bananas, mashed
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips

1.  Preheat oven to 350.  In bowl of stand mixer combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add bananas, egg and vanilla; mix well.

2. In separate sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Gradually add to banana mixture.  Add mini chocolate chips and mix one final time.

3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.  Let cool completely and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment