April 6, 2012

Wishing You a Wonderful Day

     Hello!  Today's card was inspired by lisaadd's gorgeous card, They Say It's Your Birthday, over at SCS (here).   I love Lisa's layout and decided to make the card as similar to hers as I could, using what I have in my supplies.
     The background is First Edition DSP (love that stuff!) and from what I can tell it's explaining the history of the type writer... interesting.   I ran Marina Mist CS through the Big Shot with the Lattice embossing folder before using the Stars #2 die to cut out the stars.  This gives them a bit of texture.
     I was going to use a different sentiment but after looking through my stamp sets I realized that this particular sentiment matched the "typewriter font" feel in the DSP.

Stamps: Bring on the Cake
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, First Edition DSP, Marina Mist
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot, Lattice embossing folder, Stars #2 die, button, linen thread, Stampin' dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment