March 2, 2012

Take It To Heart

     Hello!  Today's card was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #22 (here).  If you ever lose your stamping mojo this is the site to visit - it's amazing!
     I {loved} this layout and although I could have created a simple card fairly quickly, I wanted to step outside my comfort zone and dig out those blender pens.  Yes, I teach 5-year olds and yes, I color almost everyday but for some reason I hesitate to color on cards.  When I'm with my kiddos I can make purple trees and a green sky and they don't care.  But on a card it's different.  A grown-up card should resemble reality.  Somewhat.
     In the end I'm happy with the final product.  Even though  the Take It To Heart set and DSP aren't sold as coordinating sets, I think this particular image works well with almost all of the sheets.
     And speaking of DSP, The Everyday Enchantment DSP that I used is available for a limited time only as part of Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration.  For every $50 you spend (before S&H) you can choose 1 item from the SAB catalog (here).  But hurry, this wonderful event end March 31st!

Stamps: Take It To Heart, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Soft Suede, Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade
Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Everyday Enchantment DSP
Tools & Accessories: Blender pen, Stampin' dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment