- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
2. Combine rice vinegar, salt and sugar in small bowl. Stir until dissolved.
3. Pour rice into large bowl. Add vinegar mixture to rice and let sit 10-15 seconds. Carefully mix rice to evenly coat with vinegar.
|I pushed rice up against sides of bowl to speed cooling.|
Chicken Teriyaki Futomaki with Scallions
3. Cook chicken on grill until no longer pink (Foreman works best!) Allow to cool then slice into strips.
4. To make rolls, cut scallion greens to fit length of nori. Spread rice on nori, leaving a 1" border at top and bottom. Add chicken and scallions and begin to roll.
|If you don't have a bamboo mat you can use wax paper to help roll nori|
5. Cut into 8 pieces, serve with soy sauce. Enjoy!
|Make sure your knife is sharp, let the knife glide through the roll.|