When preparing this dish I prefer to use meat from a rotisserie chicken rather than chicken thighs as recommended in the original recipe. I'm a fan of white meat and find the flavorful rotisserie chicken adds a bit more seasoning to the stew.
Hearty Chicken Stew
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 8 oz whole mushrooms
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or meat from 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
3. Bake, covered, 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours or until potatoes are tender, stirring after 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, zest lemon. Remove stew from oven. Stir in zest and chopped parsley. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes or until stew has thickened. Enjoy!