This is one of the "staple" meals at our house (since it's super quick) and we've actually had a guest comment on how good it was. His exact words? "Joanna, this tastes restaurant quality risotto!"
Chicken & Roasted Garlic Risotto
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed (optional)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Parsley (optional)
2. Add onions to skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until tender. Stir in soups and water and bring to a boil.
3. Stir in rice and vegetables. Return chicken to the skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 5 minutes.