September 23, 2011

Watercoloring & Heat Embossing

     Hello!  Today's card is one that was inspired by a card I saw in the winter 2008 issue of Take Ten by Jennifer Meyer.
     For this card, I stamped the flower and leaf images on glossy white with VersaMark and then embossed them with black embossing powder.  I then spritzed the images with water, used an Aqua Painter and to pick up ink from a drop of ink refill (I created a palette in a plastic lid) and touched it to the image.. the ink spreads in the water creating a soft watercolored look.  For my card I chose to use one color on each image but you can certainly mix colors.
     This technique works best with line-art images that have compartments; that way the ink will tend to stay in the area you want it to (you can see the green started to run out of my leaves).  Another tip I have is to let the ink flow where it wants; stirring or pushing the ink too much will muddy the color.
     I recommend practicing this technique several times before committing to project, I scrapped several pieces before I created one that I liked.

Stamps: Flower Fest, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: StazOn Black, VersaMark, Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink
Paper: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Tools & Accessories: Aqua painter, black embossing powder, heat tool, scallop border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment