July 3, 2011

Patriotic Thank You

     Hello!  When I saw  Princessforj's card on SCS (here) I immediately ordered Engraved Greetings so I could CASE it (true story!).
    To give this card a different twist I brayered the debossed side of a piece of Very Vanilla card stock.  Let me explain... I ran a piece of CS thru the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I then turned the CS over (so the bumps were down) and then brayered, oh so gently, with Night of Navy ink.
     To adhere the ribbon I used a strip of Terrifically Tacky Tape and scrunched the ribbon where I wanted it.  The sentiment is cut out with the 2 1/2" circle punch and popped up on dimensionals.
     On a different note, wish me luck!  Tomorrow my family and I are participating in the Harvard Pilgrim 10K road race (6.2miles) at Gillette Stadium (home of the New England Patriots).  You may recall that my family participated last year (here) and we had so much fun we thought we'd do it again. I've
decided not to try and break my time of 1:06 from last year but instead keep pace with my Dad.  It's so much more fun to cross the finish line with someone you can enjoy the experience with!  I'll have photos to share on Tuesday! 
    Have a happy and safe 4th of July!

Stamps: Engraved Greetings
Ink: Night of Navy
Paper: Very Vanilla
Tools & Accessories: Striped grosgrain ribbon (red is retired), 2 1/2" circle punch, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Tacky Tape, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment