April 22, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

      Hello!  Today's card was inspired by Sarah Wills' simple notecard over at her blog, Sarah's Ink Spot.  If you haven't had the chance to check out her blog you really should - she's amazing!  To make Sarah's card more of my own I changed the colors, main image and sentiment. 
     In my effort to keep my New Year's resolution of sending special occasion cards to all family members this year I realized that anniversaries should be included.  Of course, an anniversary stamp is THE ONE type of stamp set I don't own, so I had to imrovise.  I wasn't sure if I should use a "congratulations" sentiment (I strongly believe that 27 years of marriage deserves a hearty congrats!) or "best wishes".  In the end I went with the latter, but mostly because the font went better with the First Edition DSP (everything has to be just so...).

Stamps: Great Friend, Vintage Labels (retired)
InkStazOn black, Pretty In Pink
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Pretty In Pink, First Edition DSP
Tools & Accessories: Grograin ribbon, pearls, Stampin'dimensionals 


1 comment: