January 1, 2011

Inspired By Stars

      Hello!  Today's card was inspired by danascott96's card over at SplitCoast.  Since just about everyone I know is having a baby I'm in need of yet another baby card.  I searched "CAS baby" on SplitCoast and this was one of the cards that popped up! (CAS is an acronym for clean and simple)
     I absolutely loved her layout and design so so I kept it the same.  Dana used a non-SU! stamp set for her card but I loved the idea of white stars on a colored background and I decided to try the emboss-resist technique.  If you've never heard of this technique or would like to see a demonstration of it, head over to Dawn Griffith's website to view her video tutorial (click here) or check out the emboss-resist picture tutorial (click here) over at SplitCoastStampers.
     Because I used the emboss-resist technique I wouldn't classify my card as clean and simple, like Dana's.  Although this technique is simple once you get the hang of it, it did take a bit of time to complete this card.


Stamps: Nursery Necessities (retired), Short & Sweet
Paper: Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Marina Mist, Barely Banana (retired), Bashful Blue, Pretty In Pink
Tools & Accessories: Corner rounder, clear embossing powder, heat tool, brayer, button, linen thread, Stampin' dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment