October 9, 2010

A Simple Christmas Card

  Hello!  I know it's not even Halloween yet but I've already started to think about my Christmas cards.  For my 
relatives I'll be making the Jolly Holiday card but for everyone else I'll be making this card. 
     Today's card was inspired by Karin Menghini's card over at SplitCoastStampers.  To make this card more of my own, I chose to use Cherry Cobbler card stock and use a stamp from the new stamp set Tags 'til Christmas.  It's hard to tell from the photos but the base of the card uses Very Vanilla textured card stock. I've found textured CS is a bit more sturdy than the smooth card stock and it gives your simple cards a bit more pizazz! 
     I was going to color the belt on the tag but it just didn't look right.  Knowing that this card needed some type of embellishment I decided to go with the black brads and think they're a perfect fit. 
     I love the simplicity of the card.  It's easy enough to make by the dozen!








Stamps: Christmas Greetings, Tags 'til Christmas
Paper: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, StazOn Black
Tools & Accessories: Large & small tag punches, paper piercing tools, dimensionals, brads

1 comment:

  1. Love this card, so glad I found your blog today! Thanks for sharing your talent!!!

    ReplyDelete