September 14, 2010

Little Treats

     Hello!  It was inevitable but my first day of school was August 30th.  Bummer.  It was such a wonderful summer that I was hoping it could continue for a bit longer.  But alas, I must once again become a productive member of the working class and make money so I can afford to pay for my stamping addiction. 
     This year, two of my favorite co-workers are returning to the school in different positions: one went from kindergarten to a 6th grade teacher (what a change!) and the second co-worker went from a 4th grade teacher to administration.  Remembering how nervous I was on my first day in a new position, I decided to make a little "good luck" gift for each of them.  What a better way to say good luck than with chocolate!  I'm beginning to think chocolate has some type of magical healing powers because it seems to make everything better.  I'm nervous about my first day of work: have some chocolate.  I can't find the CD with ALL of our wedding photos: have some chocolate (true story).  I'm bored: have some chocolate.  See what I mean?
     The mini milk cartons are super easy to make and I think they may be my new favorite die.  I can just see these as little favors at a Halloween or Christmas party filled with little sweet treats!  When assembling the carton it's important to keep in mind what you'll be filling them with.  My cartons needed to be sturdy to hold the M&M's (the cartons hold one snack size bag of M&M's perfectly - minus one or two candy pieces for sampling purposes!) so I used Terrifically Tacky Tape to adhere the sides.  If I was going to fill them with something a little lighter I could have used regular double stick tape.
    On the carton with the button I also added a strip of T.T. tape to the top of the carton to seal it.  The carton with the Old Olive library clip is held closed with the clip itself (no extra adhesive needed).  I used several glue dots to adhere the button to the carton.  
    I absolutely love the "TO OPEN" sentiments in the Got Treats stamp set, I think they're adorable and give the mini carton more of an authentic feel.

Stamps: Got Treats
Paper: Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Ink: Old Olive
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot, Mini Milk Carton Bigz L die, mini library clip (Old Olive, retired), designer button, 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment