August 19, 2010

Christmas in August

     Hello!  Today's project is a Christmas tag we'll be making at my next Stampin' Up! workshop at the end of the month.  Christmas is still a ways away but I like to get my customers thinking about cards and tags they may be giving so they'll have plenty of time to order supplies and actually sit down and create before the hustle and bustle of the holiday season hits. 
     I used a snowflake from a Sizzlits set purchased at nation-wide craft store chain.  Stampin' Up! offers a very similar set (pg 211, $19.95 for a set of 4) or you could certainly use the Snowflake Extra-Large punch (pg 200, $16.95). 
     You'll notice that the button on the snowflake is made of paper.  This is because I don't have a large selection of buttons and have found that the Button #5 Sizzlit die solves the problem!  As long as you have the cardstock you can make a button to match any project - I love that!
    

      Here is the same tag but in Cherry Cobbler.  To give the snowflake a different feel I covered it in white Chunky Essentials Stampin' Glitter.
     While these tags are super cute and super easy to make, I'm working on a few other projects that use the Two Tags die in unique ways. I've found a great tutorial on how to make a box using two tags that I can't wait to share.

Stamps: Holiday Happiness, Holiday Collection (retired)
Ink: StazOn black, VersaMark
Paper: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive
Tools & AccessoriesTwo Tags die, Merry Details, Buttons #5 and Snowflakes Set #3 (purchased at Michael's) Sizzlits dies, Big Shot, hemp twine, ribbon, Chunk Essentials Stampin' Glitter, brad

No comments:

Post a Comment